Thursday, January 7, 2010

day 10. (final day of ministry)

What is up everyone!!! Its Brent here, Annie has asked me to write! Partly because she is extremely tired but I like to think she just wants everyone to see my incredibly amazing writing skills! :)


I can't really put into words all that God has allowed us to experience of Himself as well as the people and the nation of Liberia. He is truly so GOOD. At the end of each day we have our debrief as a group which I think you already know. But at the close of each day its like we are all reminded of just how engaged God is, in the lives of His children. God displays wonders and creates miracles each day as we are actively engaged in our relationship with Him and serving others. I really believe that God has poured out His power through us as well as over us and for that we are all humbled and honored. He has shown each of us LOVE that is beyond comprehension and our prayer is that He will continue to expand our capacity to love!

Today was the last day full of planned ministry activities. Annie, Danielle, Dimitri, Dave, Lindi, and Jesse all went to "Think" as myself, Jeremiah, Kayla, and Amy worked with Orphan Relief and Rescue. All those that went to "Think" had a bitter sweet experience. It was saddening in the context that we won't be back there however it was extremely encouraging to see the progress that was made in the lives of children, teenagers, and adults. God has truly worked miracles there. I can't wait for you all to hear the stories from everyone. For those that worked with Orphan Relief and Rescue, I guess I will just say that it was simply a rewarding time being able to go to orphanages and pass out clothes and a pair of sandals to children and see how joyfully grateful they were for them.

We closed out the night with a final dinner at the compound with some extra guest of Christine's. It was crazy for all of us to think that tomorrow we will begin our excursion back home. In someways it seems like we have just gotten here and then in other ways it seems like we have been here for 2 years. :)

But in closing I would just like to say how grateful I am to have been provided this opportunity by God even when I don't deserve it. I am also so very, very, very proud of each person on this team and how encouraged I have been in my relationship with God by just being around them. I am so overfilled with joy that I am apart of this team.

ONLY GOD COULD HAVE DONE ALL THESE AMAZING THINGS!!

PS. I am sorry for any grammatical errors or if something doesn't make sense! :)

4 comments:

Felicia Stanford said...

Thanks Brent! You are a nice writer and I was engaged with every word! The last days for this kind of venture have to be extremely emotional for you all. You've all given yourselves away and I'm sure would love to watch and see the results in a powerful way - biy the time comes where once again you just have to trust Christ and know that this has all come from Him anyway and He will comfort you in that I'm sure. I know I say this in most of my comments but I am so proud of, and in awe of, all of you as you have given your hearts away each day that's been put before you. Felicia, Jesse's Mom

Beth said...

Brent, I don't even know you and I'm proud of you! Great writing and great service!

All of you: Travel safely!

Sending much love!

Danielle's mom, Margaret said...

Brent, your words show your heart as such a humble servant. I was blinded by the sweeteness of your words...I saw no typos! :-) Hearts were changed and situations may change because of the 12Stone Water's Edge Liberia Mission Team! :-) Those you served may not feel that they deserved your kindness either. I'm sure they will treasure these days in their hearts forever, as well as you and the team. I guess your team could say Mission Being Accomplished since your hearts and minds will continue to serve Liberia.

Love and prayers for save travels back home to your families!

Tell Danielle that Kiwi likes me better than her now! ;-)

Ginny Pentenburg said...

To my precious son! It was a wonderful update and as Margaret said it showed your heart. I know how much this opportunity to go on this mission trip has meant to you. I'm so proud of you and the team. See you soon - Love, Mom