Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thoughts from Belynn, Yanni, Stacey and Collin


Thoughts from Belynn:


"I was so excited about today. Danielle and I got the opportunity to visit a place called THINK (Touching Humanity In Need of Kindness). This is a place where they temporarily house children who have mostly been sexually abused. At the beginning Danielle and I got the chance to spend time with the case managers. I enjoyed this becuase I have had the opportunity during my intenship back at home to work with social workers. It was interesting to see the similairites and differences between the states and Liberia. The children were absolutely beautiful. They enjoyed every minute we were there! We only had a little time with them today. So I am looking forward to a full day with them on Friday."

Thoughts from Yanni:


Today, we went to the Greater Love compound, our initial objective was to complete a generator project that would give electricity to the whole facility. We were missing a couple of parts so we did not finish the generator today. I was actually pleasantly surprized a couple of hours later we looked back at all the meaningfull, relevant, and practival conversations we had. I had a great talk with a guy named Pao. Pao is called to be a pastor in Liberia, but he has tons of fears and doubts because of how hard life is here. I told him not to give up and when God calls with one hand he gives with another. I loved our conversation, I was blessed to have talked to him. When we returned home Collin and I went for a walk around the village close by, and all the kids followed us as they showed us their homes/shacks. Playing soccer, basketball, hopscotch, handing out candy, and giving out a bible were all involved. We are falling in love more and more with this country and cannot wait for the next 7 days ahead.


Thoughts from Stacey:

Today, Dave, Miles, Jose, Emily, and I went to the Diana Davis Center. The center is a combination of a clinic and orphanage. It was truly amazing to see how welcomed we were by a speechless Diana Davis, who ran the place and gave all the glory to God every second. There are 35 kids at this orphanage, all of them lost their parents in the war. The guys worked on the generator house. Emily worked in the clinic for the first part of the day, and I played with all the kids. It was really neat to see some of the Liberian guys at the orphanage pick up on how to build a generator house being led by one of our drivers (he just jumped right to work!). Emily was able to help with one of the patients and watched how they performed each process. I was able to play with the kids, talk about favorite Bible verses, paint pictures, and paint the girls' nails. The kids smiles are contagious. The big, most interesting highlight of today was that our driver got arrested with the car on the way back to the compound. We had to get out and walk all the way back to the place. This was definitely interesting but it was all God! God is everywhere and in every detail. All praise is His!!!

Thoughts from Collin:
AHA! The conclusion paragraph is mine! So for the next four-five lines, you are all mine. Tomorrow, Yanni, myself, Brent, Matt, and Rodney all head out to the bush. Where monkeys, jaguars, and other insane animals roam. Like Crazy. We will be bringing out peanut butter and bread, in addition to that we will also have some more peanut butter and bread... We will be building a generator house and fixing up a generator and then sending the wire out to the school. So, i did say that I had like five-four lines but... yea. So for three days us five will be in the bush. Pray for us. We will be cut off from civilization entirely. zing! Alright! Hope all is well with everybody back home and I miss you guys and Julisa. :) PEACE! Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know Im praying for you everyday and that ur suit cases show up soon!! What your doing is absolutely amazing and inspiring!Be safe!! I love the pics and I miss ya tons BP:)I hope you guys have a wonderful New Years! God Bless U!! Have a good night!