Monday, December 29, 2008

Our full first day in Liberia

Us at the Beach



Walkin Around


You'd be happy to know that most of us slept well last night, and we woke up this morning to eat breakfast with the Norman's at about 9am. It's been a good day. First, we went to visit the Greater Love church, the same church that had the tragic fire. Sadly the fifth man's funeral was last week. Pastor Wesley was so kind to us and showed us around everything they had there. he showed us their church, clinic, school, and the burned radio station. We will be going back there to install a generator for them in a couple days.



After that, we drove around downtown Monrovia. I personally have never seen such a bustling chaotic citiy before. The people have been exceptionally kind to us, and we're looking forward to jumping into ministry tomorrow.

We also got to go swim at the beach today. It was good to have some more time to unwind and have some fun before we start the real work tomorrow.


Good News!!! Biamba and Joseph made it here after a detour to Ghana, and my bag came today!( which I am currently rejoicing over) However, you can keep praying because Brent and Matt did not receive their lost bags yet... which is a bummer.


Dave and Emily are sitting with me out on the porch.

Dave is sad that the Jets lost, and he loves Karen.

Emily, is taking in this culture around her and it feels surreal.

Everyone else has gone off to bed.



We send our love!




The Rocks at the Beach

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Team,

You guys are having way too much fun!Great shots of the team at the beach!

Matt and Brent,Jesus said " take no purse, or extra bag on your journey" when he sent the disciples out, but I think you guys are taking it a little too literally! :)

Seriously though, I am holding all of you before the Father in prayer and Matt and Brent, I pray your bags arrive soon.

To the team, I continue to pray the Lord grants you favor and success in everything you accomplish for his kingdom while in Liberia. I look forward to seeing tomorrows post!

God bless,

Tony

Lisa said...

Miss you guys so much! Glad to hear from you! I am here 24/7 by the phone and 24/7 on my knees in prayer for you all!

Hugs,

Lisa

Ashley said...

I'm praying for you guys! May God open your eyes and hearts to the Liberia that I love! God bless.

Chris Brown said...

Stacey and team...we are keeping you in our prayers that all goes well. Have fun but keep the Lord first.

We love you!
Chris, Sam, Grandmother & Bob

Unknown said...

Belynn and team I'm checking the site as much as possible. I'm so proud of you all! I'm praying for you everyday.

God Bless,
Dacia

Anonymous said...

Team,
Our prayers are with you constantly and the families of the lost ones in the fire. Love the beach shot, Collin can you ever take a "nice" picture? Danielle, God knows women need their luggage before men do!
Be awesome with God in you.
Miss you, love you, mostly Collin.
Anne, mom, & Lexie